Liczba wyświetleń

Do you know PUS blocks? 

What is it, PUS blocks? They are educational toys, that you can use at the lesson to revise anything.
They are Polish invention and as I live and work in Poland  I was lucky to run across them here.
There are ready-made tasks for these blocks, but I never use them.  I make the tasks myself.

Advantages of the blocks: learning, fun and self-control of a student. They learn conentration, abstract thinking and there is also a prize and a surprise that is the pattern that the PUS blocks make.
 Disadvantages: one has to buy the blocks and compile the handouts. I tried to make the blocks myself, but it didn't work, so I bought 6 boxes of them and now I'm a happy owner of this great educational toy.

How does it work?
There are 12 square blocks in a red box. Each block has a number on one side and a colourful shape on the other. There are 12 numbers in the box too. Now I'll explain it as I do to my pupils. You take the block with number 1, look at the task with 1, there says 'giraffe', so you have to find the picture of the giraffe, check what numer is written next to it and put this block on number 9 in the red box. When you have all the answer, you close the box, turn it over and open from the reverse side. If all the answers were correct, you'll get the pattern as I have on the board.

If I have no time to compile the handout I simply use the flashcards on the board that I numer from one to twelve and write the task on the board. It can also be grammar tasks, for eg. filling in the sentences with suitable words.

I strongly recommend it. It would be great if every child in the class had such a box at the lesson, but in groups of five they work well too.
 
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment